July 09, 2012

Parmesan Baked Tomatoes. Something Simple

The best days are when you don't need anything extreme or special to happen to  make it great. You just appreciate and enjoy what is and that's perfect enough.

Parmesan Baked Tomatoes

Sometimes all you need is a little bit of fresh simplicity on the table. Only that. Cause there are times when real happiness require just a couple of unsophisticated ingredients and one very primitive cooking technique. And you know what? There is a pure magic hiding behind this plain asceticism. It creates the moment when the most real and the most lively flavor comes out just the way it is, without being wrapped up into a misty aromatic coat. Pure and crystal clear all by itself sparkling its infinitive aromatic beauty. 

Like these tomatoes, for instance. There's nothing luxurious or extravagant about them. Just a few ingredients and a little bit of time sacred for them to rest in the oven. But that is more than enough  for all your taste bids finally to come alive and to honor this delicious summer beauty. Cause only in summer tomatoes taste this sugary, and just in summer their juices are that uncontrollably running through your chin, aren't they

Parmesan Baked Tomatoes


Parmesan Baked Tomatoes

2 medium tomatoes
1/3 cup (50g) freshly grated Parmesan
fresh oregano
salt
freshly ground pepper
olive oil

Preheat the oven to 450 F (230 C).
Cut the tomatoes lengthwise into approximately 1/3-inch (1 cm) slices. Place them on a baking sheet. Top with Parmesan, oregano, salt and pepper (season according to your taste). Drizzle with some olive oil and bake until tomatoes are tender and the cheese is melted, for about 10-15 minutes.

Parmesan Baked Tomatoes


Searching for something similar?
Sorrel Gratin
Balsamic Roasted Radishes

41 comments:

  1. Great recipe! Always looking for quick, easy, healthy, and delicious. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome! These kind of recipes are my favorites too ;)

      Delete
    2. This recipe is on my Board; as soon as I have fresh tomatoes, I am trying this out. Thanks for sharing.

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness those look YUMMY! I am going to try this with the MANY tomatoes growing in my garden. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. just tried this.. turned out amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very gald that you liked them! :)

      Delete
  4. Yum, another good recipe for my exploding garden full of tomatoes. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My boyfriend & I just made these, OMG, DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We never use our tomatoes up in time, but now we will =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photos are just gorgeous! Can't wait to try this out, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Irene!
      I'm sure you'll like it ;)

      Delete
  7. Just made these! I added a tad of garlic and some bread crumbs. Deliciouis!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, garlic should add a great note to this ;) I'm happy you enjoyed!

      Delete
  8. Love the simplicity of this. Can't wait to make it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I made these for our gathering for New Years and they were a BIG HIT! Everyone loved them. So much, that I had to make a second batch. So very simple and delicious!!! I even put them on some french bread and man they were good! I'll definitely be making these more often.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We make these with mozzarella instead of Parmesan and the crusty pieces of cheese that cook on the pan are so good. We will try it this way too when tomatoes come back around. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello there- I spotted your beautiful photo and recipe here: http://winkchic.com/2012/12/26/parmesan-or-moz-baked-tomatoes-on-baking-sheet-place-2-sliced-medium-tomatoes-13-cup-freshly-grated-parmesan-fresh-oregano-salt-pepper-drizzle-olive-oil-over-top-bake-450-f-for-10-to-15-min/ I knew it was lifted from somewhere, so I did some investigating and found you. Glad I did- I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You're welcome here anytime ;)
      and thank you for showing me the link!

      Delete
  13. I make something very similar to this but with red wine or balsamic vinegar. Delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved these! Very easy and simple...great side dish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....sometimes even the main course ;)

      Delete
  15. Just made these tonight. They were delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for this recipe with photo of the parmesan baked tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Have tons of fresh Basil...will try instead of oregano. ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! It will just as great as with oregano!

      Delete
  18. I'm going to try this! I love tomatoes as long as they are cooked, don't like the raw version however. We grow about 400 lbs of tomatoes every year, just to give away! Outside of making canned/frozen tomato/spaghetti sauce however, I struggle to serve them and like them in their fresh raw version. My hubby likes them uncooked as well as cooked. This sounds good even to me, cooked, cheesy and sounding delish! I'll let you know since they are on my menu next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope, you will enjoy them! Will be waiting for the evaluation! :)

      Delete
  19. I repined this to pinterest because I am making this tonight for sure. I love that it is so simple with just fresh ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Could you make this with green tomatoes?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Some balsamic vinegar would be yummy drizzled alongside with this. Yummy

    ReplyDelete
  22. You said cut the tomatoes length wise...like cutting from stem to bottom...not width wise like you would normally slice them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I said length wise when I actually meant width wise :) ...bet, in general, there is no huge difference how you cut the tomato as long as it is round and the slices are more or less even. When you are dealing with oblong ones (such us plum tomatoes), you definitely should cut width-wise :)

      Delete
  23. I found your recipe on pinterest. I could not resist the image it looks so good. And it looks pretty easy to make. I have been eating healthy and really trying to make more meals at home. Cooking at home really helps me cut calories so I been planning more meals at home with the help of my meal tracker.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This looks so delicious. I’m always looking for different ways to serve vegetables. I’ll be trying this!

    ReplyDelete